Check out media coverage of these publications.
You can also find me on ResearchGate and Google Scholar.
8. J.A. Haines, S.E. Nason, A.M.M. Skurdal, T. Bourchier, S. Boutin, R.W. Taylor, A.G. McAdam, J.E. Lane, A.D. Kelley, M.M. Humphries, J.C. Gorrell, B. Dantzer, D.W. Coltman, A. Hämäläinen. In press. Sex- and context-specific associations between personality and a measure of fitness but no link with life history traits. Animal Behaviour. Preprint available online.
7. J.A. Haines, D.M. Keppie. In press. Field-site characteristics of Sorex dispar Batchelder, 1911 (Long-tailed Shrew) in Previously Uncharacterized Regions of New Brunswick. Northeastern Naturalist.
6. D.N. Fisher, J.A. Haines, S. Boutin, B. Dantzer, J.E. Lane, D.W. Coltman, A.G. McAdam. 2019. Indirect effects on fitness between individuals that have never met via an extended phenotype. Ecology Letters 22: 697–706. doi: 10.1111/ele.13230
5. M.J. L. Peers, Y.N. Majchrzak, E. Neilson, C.T. Lamb, A. Hämäläinen, J.A. Haines, L. Garland, D. Doran‐Myers, K. Broadley, R. Boonstra, S. Boutin. 2018. Quantifying fear effects on prey demography in nature. Ecology. doi: 10.1002/ecy.2381
4. J.A. Haines, D.W. Coltman, B. Dantzer, J.C. Gorrell, M.M. Humphries, J.E. Lane, A.G. McAdam, S. Boutin. 2018. Sexually selected infanticide by male red squirrels in advance of a mast year. Ecology. doi: 10.1002/ecy.2158
3. A. Hämäläinen, A.G. McAdam, B. Dantzer, J.E. Lane, J.A. Haines, M. Humphries, S. Boutin. 2017. Fitness consequences of peak reproductive effort in a resource pulse system. Scientific Reports 7: 9335. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-09724-x
2. A. Hämäläinen, K. Broadley, A. Droghini, J.A. Haines, C.T. Lamb, S. Boutin, S. Gilbert. 2017. The ecological significance of secondary seed dispersal by carnivores. Ecosphere 82(2):e01685. doi: 10.1002/ecs2.1685
1. J. Martinez-Padilla, P. Vergara, L. Pérez-Rodríguez, F. Mougeot, F. Casas, S.C. Ludwig, J.A. Haines, M. Zeineddine, S.M. Redpath. 2011. Condition- and parasite-dependent expression of a male-like trait in a female bird. Biology Letters. doi:10.1098/rsbl.2010.0991
1. A. Hämäläinen; A.G. McAdam; B. Dantzer; J.E. Lane; J.A. Haines; M.M. Humphries; S, Boutin. 2017. Hamalainen_SciRep_fitness consequences of peak effort_data.xlsx. figshare. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.5307382.v1
2. J.A. Haines. 2017. Resources and reproductive trade-offs affect fitness, life history traits, and sexual selection in red squirrels. PhD Thesis, University of Alberta.
1. J.A. Haines. 2010. Female ornamentation in red grouse and its potential role in sexual selection. MPhil Thesis, University of Aberdeen.